Have a look at all the auspicious bathing dates of Nasik Kumbh Mela 2015.
Ardha Kumbha and Maha Kumbha are the occasions when millions of people gather to take holy dip in the sacred waters. This is main reason for one to attend the Maha Kumbha and the Ardha Kumbha festival. It is believed that a holy dip in sacred rivers during Maha Kumbh or Ardh kumbh takes human out of the circle of life and death and one attains Moksha. Devotees, saints/sadhus turn up in great number from all over the world to take a dip in the holy waters of rivers like the Ganges, Yamuna and the mythological Saraswati at Parayag (Sangam). According to traditions these holy rivers offers purity, wealth, fertility and wash away the sins of all those who take bath.
The important dates of Maha Kumbh Mela 2015 are provided below:
- 14th July (Tuesday): Flag hoisting of the main ceremony at Ram Kunda
- 14th August (Friday): Flag hoisting of the Akhara at Sadhugram
- 26th August (Wednesday): Shravan Shudha- First Snan
- 29th August (Saturday): Shravan Purnima - First Shahi Snan at Ram Kunda
- 13th September (Sunday): Bhadrapad Amavasya - Second Shahi Snan/ Main bathing day
- 18th September (Friday): Bhadrapad Shukla Panchmi (Rushipanchami) - Third Shahi Snan
- 25th September (Friday): Bhadrapad Shukla Dwadashi - Vaman Dwadashi Snan